Why refer to Vet Extra Neurology?
Our philosophy is to provide the best possible veterinary attention, care and communication to your clients and their patients. We know how important your clients and their pets are to you.
And we know that offering the highest standard of referral experience is important, as you want the best possible level of experience and care for your client’s pet.
By referring your case to Vet Extra Neurology you can be confident that :
- they will be seen by the person you refer the case to,
- that they will be seen by a world leading RCVS and European specialist in veterinary neurology, and not by a trainee, and
- that your clients will personally be looked after by me (Jacques Penderis) from initial consultation, through surgery, to follow up and after care.
Vet Extra Neurology is committed to excellence to our patients, to our clients and to you as referring veterinary surgeons.
How to refer a case:
- Complete our online referral form
- Complete and fax or e-mail our advice and referral form.
- Alternatively telephone Broadleys Veterinary Hospital on 01786 445665 to speak to our of our reception team who will be happy to help.
- If you have an urgent or emergency case please ask to speak directly to Jacques Penderis, who will deal with your request as a priority.
You can either book the appointment time and date on behalf of your clients, or we can contact your clients on your behalf. We will contact your clients and send them information about what to expect during their visit and directions. For urgent and emergency cases you can download our direction map.
For all cases please remember to send any relevant history, diagnostic tests and diagnostic imaging. You can send these by email, fax, post or send them with the clients.
We realise this is a worrying time for all our clients, and we ask that you help us to reduce the risk to our visitors and the practice so that we can continue to care for your pets
Oscar underwent decompressive spinal surgery and made a good recovery and is back to his normal bouncy self
The lovely Lola presented with a history of a marked back pain and some mild hind limb ataxia
If you would like to discuss a case, prior to referral or just for advice, please feel free to telephone or email. We will always aim to take the call immediately or get back to you as soon as possible.
Jacques, you are a saint! The work that you do, the miracles that you perform along with your calm, professional and compassionate manner will always be remembered.
Thank you for taking such good care of my wee Alfie aka. Doodles. Also a huge thank you to Kerry and the other vet nurses who looked after him and loved him the way that his own family does.
We are only at the start of a long journey of recovery but I feel hopeful he will eventually once again live a normal and happy life.
From Joanne and Bob Logan
Radiograph and MRI reporting service:
We offer a radiography and MRI reporting service, with the emphasis on offering case management advice on the basis of the imaging findings, rather than just reporting your images. To use this service please email or post your radiographs or MRI studies to me. These are offered at:
- Radiography reporting per case: £29.17 + VAT (total £35)
- Post and packaging for return of non-digital radiograph films: £5 + VAT (total £6)
- MRI reporting per case: £90 plus VAT (total £108)
World class veterinary neurology in Scotland - providing the best possible treatment for your pet